USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
简介A US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier left a naval base in California last week for a deployment to ...
A US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier left a naval base in California last week for a deployment to the Indo-Pacific region, a US research institute has said, while another carrier was already in South Korea in a major show of force.
In a report, the US Naval Institute cited a Navy official as saying USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) departed from Naval Air Station North Island, California, on Thursday. USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) arrived in South Korea's southeastern port city of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit.
The deployment comes amid concerns that the United States' security focus on the escalating Israel-Hamas war could lead to a weakening of its security commitments to South Korea and other regional partners.
USS Carl Vinson is currently conducting "routine" operations in the US 3rd Fleet area of operations, according to the fleet.
"US 3rd Fleet works together with our allies and partners to advance freedom of navigation, the rule of law, and other principles that underpin security for the Indo-Pacific region," the fleet was quoted by the USNI as saying in a statement.
After the Hamas militant group's surprise attack on Israel on Oct. 7, Washington deployed the USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) Carrier Strike Group to the Eastern Mediterranean. It also moved the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) Carrier Strike Group to the region to "deter hostile actions against Israel or any efforts toward widening this war," according to the Pentagon. (Yonhap)
Daewoo Engineering & Construction Chairman Jung Won-ju has recently engaged with industry leaders an ...
The basic fare for the subway in the Seoul metropolitan area has gone up by 150 won (US$0.11) to 1,4 ...
The Korean government on Tuesday said it plans to supply an additional 120,000 public homes by this ...
- P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
- Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
- [Herald Review] Munich Philharmonic sets milestones with Lim Yun
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- Back to square one on return of Goryeo relics from Boston museum
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- Seoul shares open lower after record daily gain
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- S. Korea goes all
- Samsung CEO highlights AI safety research
- Samsung C&T gears for 2023 Smart City Expo World Congress
- Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction
- Samsung SDI, Volvo Trucks vow to enhance battery partnership
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
- Will Suneung without ‘killer questions’ reduce reliance on private education?
- NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
- Enigmatic artist David Rappeneau's first Asia show taking place at Gladstone Gallery
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- IMF raises South Korea's inflation forecast to 3.6% for 2023
- YouTuber ‘iGoBart’ and his mission to explore all 467 neighborhoods of Seoul
- [Photo News] INDIAN CINEMA
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Sao Paulo, horizons expand for Korean studies
- Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
- Prospects of Yoon's formal meeting with Xi uncertain: Yoon's office
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- Rising obesity in S. Korea comes amid doubts over BMI's reliability
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’