SK hynix wins 2023 R&D 100 Awards
简介SK hynix, the world’s second-largest memory chip maker, won this year’s R&D 100 Awards, also known a ...
SK hynix, the world’s second-largest memory chip maker, won this year’s R&D 100 Awards, also known as "the Oscars of innovation," with its cutting-edge Key Value Computational Storage Drive (KV-CSD), the company said Friday.
Among the 100 winners of the 2023 R&D 100 Awards, which recognizes the most promising products or technologies that will bring change to the industry, SK hynix marked its name in the IT/Electrical category.
“Once commercialized, KV-CSD will later be utilized in not only high-performance computing, but also the artificial intelligence and the big data industry,” the SK hynix Computational Storage team said. “We aim to boost SK hynix’s competitiveness by making our own technology the industry standard.”
KV-CSD is a next-generation data storage device jointly developed by SK hynix and Los Alamos National Laboratory. The Korean chipmaker’s Computational Storage team worked on KV-CSD itself, while the LANL High Performance Computing division focused on adopting the storage device into a supercomputer.
Featuring petabyte-scale storage capacity, KV-CSD boasts an exceptional reading and writing speed of data, the company said.
By adding indexing capability -- sorting data with its primary key -- it offers significant speedups and massive reductions in the amount of data retrieved when analyzing high dimensional data. SK hynix is the world's first to apply the indexing feature in KV-CSD.
Serving as a solution provider to save time and energy, KV-CSD is about 7.4 times faster than a traditional solid-state drive, the company added.
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won is expected to carry out a complete reform of the conglomerate’s top ...
Seoul-based private equity firm MBK Partners Founder and Chairman Michael Byung-ju Kim has offered a ...
South Korea’s mobile app store operator One Store said Tuesday that it has secured an investment wor ...
- Korean War veteran’s daughter named veterans affairs minister
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- 'Single’s Inferno Season 3' returns with no
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
Justice and finance at the climate summit
163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
Beef prices have soared 100
Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung
Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- Rural development expert nominated as agriculture minister
- P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
- Ocean specialist tapped as maritime affairs minister
- Yoon’s chief economist tapped as finance minister
- Seoul City to operate autonomous night bus
- '이상민 탈당' 때린 민주 의원들 "국회의장 하려 동지 팔아"
- [Herald Review] Munich Philharmonic sets milestones with Lim Yun
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Chae Man
- Day laborers, low
- Subway fare in greater Seoul rises to 1,400 won
- S. Korea beats Chinese Taipei for 4th straight baseball gold
- [Hello Hangeul] Korean language instructors' working conditions remain subpar
- Foreigners ditch sluggish Korean stocks
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- Opposition leader Lee attends arrest warrant hearing at Seoul court
- S. Korea holds rare military parade, warns NK against nuclear attack
- Chief justice seat at top court left vacant amid Assembly chaos
- Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
- Seoul prepares for first major military parade in ten years
- [Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
- Seoul condemns Hamas’ attack on Israel
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- 보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- Unification ministry urges NK to immediately send detained S. Koreans back home
- NK sports broadcast labels S. Korea ‘puppets'
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games