‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
简介Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Awards.
Hosted by actor Cha In-pyo and comedian Jang Do-yeon, the award ceremony, also known as the Grand Bell Awards, was held at Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, on a smaller scale than in previous years.
“Concrete Utopia” won the most coveted best picture award and five other awards, with Lee Byung-hun snatching the best actor award for his role in it. Actor Lee Sun-young won the best supporting actress award. "Concrete Utopia" is Korea's entry for next year's Oscars.
The best actress award went to Kim Seo-hyung of “Greenhouse,” which tells the story of a nurse and caregiver, Moon-jung, who lives in a greenhouse. It delves into the character's downfall as she tries to cover up the accidental death of an old couple in her care.
It was Kim’s fifth win at the Daejong Film Awards.
The best director award went to director Ryoo Seung-wan of “Smugglers,” which attracted 5.1 million moviegoers this summer, surpassing its breakeven point at 4 million admissions.
Seoul shares got off to a weak start Tuesday, tracking overnight losses on Wall Street.The benchmark ...
Two Russians and three Uzbeks are currently under investigation for allegedly fighting at a campsite ...
윤석열 대통령이 10일 오전 서울 용산 대통령실 청사에서 열린 국무회의에서 발언하고 있다. 윤 대통령은 “우크라이나 전쟁에 중동 사태까지 겹치면서 대외경제 불안 요인이 커질 수 있 ...
- Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- Korean War veteran’s daughter named veterans affairs minister
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
'Single’s Inferno Season 3' returns with no
Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- 'Scent of Ink' to be performed at Kennedy Center in Washington
- Over 90% of fines for illegal short selling imposed on foreign firms
- Seoul to implement alert system to manage overcrowded areas
- Doosan Robotics to supply chicken
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- N. Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- TXT shatters records, tops charts with 3rd LP
- Foreigners turn net sellers of S. Korean stocks for 15 sessions
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- Jeonse scams cause W510b in losses, with less than 25% recovered: lawmaker
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- [Today’s K
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Seoul subway on verge of strike
- US strategic bomber B
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy