您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
简介Supporters of Israel took to the streets in Seoul on Tuesday, urging Hamas militants to stop their k ...
Supporters of Israel took to the streets in Seoul on Tuesday, urging Hamas militants to stop their killing of civilians, as war continues to escalate between the two sides.
The Solidarity with Israel rally, hosted by the Korea-Israel Friendship Association and the Israel Forum civic groups, took place near the Gwanghwamun Station, in central Seoul, following two pro-Palestinian rallies last week.
The rally was attended by Israeli Ambassador to Korea Akiva Tor, Korea-Israel Friendship Association Chairman Hwang Woo-yeo, President of the Israel Forum Kim Jin-seop, and Joy M. Sakurai, the deputy chief of mission at the US Embassy in Seoul, as well as some 500 Koreans and Israelis living in Korea.
Calling Hamas a terror group, not a legitimate representative of the Palestinian people, Hwang, a former politician and education minister, urged the militant group to stop killing people.
"Blinded and obsessed by anger, Hamas is committing a massacre and we must stop this atrocity," he said.
Ambassador Tor condemned the war but said that the enemy of Israel is Hamas, not the Palestinian people and the people of Gaza.
Sakurai, who attended the rally on behalf of US Ambassador to Seoul Philip Goldberg, also said the US stands with Israel. “There is no justification for terrorism, there is no excuse. Israel has the right and duty to defend itself against the brutal attack of Hamas and to make sure this never happens again,” she said.
“We would also like to applaud the Korean government for supporting Israel and standing against the unjustified atrocity committed (against) civilians by Hamas,” she added.
At the end of the rally, the participants chanted the slogan “Return the hostages, surrender immediately, we support peace in Israel.”
- 부모와 아이
Kang Do-hyung, president of the Korea Institute of Ocean Science and Technology, has been nominated ...
- 부모와 아이
제1 야당 대표 체포동의안 표결은 팽팽한 긴장감 속에서 진행됐다. 21일 오후 국회 본회의장에 들어선 더불어민주당 의원들은 서로의 마음을 확인하려는 듯 삼삼오오 모여 이야기를 나눴 ...
- 부모와 아이
이재명 더불어민주당 대표의 1년간에 걸친 ‘방탄 공성전(攻城戰)’은 결국 내부에서 무너졌다.국회는 21일 본회의에서 이 대표 체포동의안을 무기명 표결에 부쳐 찬성 149표, 반대 ...
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech
- Asiana Airlines delays decision on cargo business sell
- Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
- Dreamcatcher to present new album 'VillanS' on Nov. 22
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- Celltrion wins UNDP tender to supply anticancer treatments to Turkmenistan
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- Halloween weekend sees 65 police calls
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- NY Met exhibition to mark 25th anniversary of Korean gallery
- Import prices rise for 3rd month on higher oil costs
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
- Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- [Today’s K
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- BTS Jungkook's star
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- SK Chemicals partners with Estee Lauder for eco
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation