Hyundai Motor becomes first brand to sell cars on Amazon
简介Hyundai Motor will become the first automaker to sell cars on Amazon, the company said, announcing a ...
Hyundai Motor will become the first automaker to sell cars on Amazon, the company said, announcing a strategic partnership with the US e-commerce giant at a motor show Thursday.
The two companies unveiled their plan at the 2023 Los Angeles Auto Show in a joint showcase, with Jose Munoz, global chief operating officer at Hyundai Motor Company, and Marty Mallick, Amazon’s vice president for Worldwide Business and Corporate Development, delivering the presentations.
“This ideal partnership with Amazon would be an opportunity to realize Hyundai’s vision, Progress for Humanity, and the future of smart mobility with an extended business and sales network,” Hyundai Motor Company CEO Chang Jae-hoon said.
With the goal to have "everything" in store, Amazon will allow users to purchase cars directly from its website from next year, starting with Hyundai vehicles.
Amazon and Hyundai previously launched an "online showroom" for shoppers where they can browse and compare vehicles, but the actual purchase happened offline, with an actual dealer.
Customers can find their car of choice on Amazon by browsing the models, choose the trim, color, and other features on the website and make the payment online. After checking out, they can pick up the car themselves or get it delivered to their home by a local dealership.
The Korean auto giant also said it would adopt Amazon Alexa, Amazon's virtual assistant software platform, in its vehicles in 2025. The drivers can use voice control to ask Alexa to manage the in-vehicle media player or the navigation system.
With Alexa's Smart Home feature, drivers can also preset the temperature of the room in their homes, lock the front door of the house or turn lights on or off from inside the vehicles, the automaker explained.
Hyundai also selected Amazon Web Services as its cloud provider to accelerate digital transformation, the company said. With the vision of becoming a data-oriented company, the automaker said it would transfer hosting of the whole process of its research and product engineering and customer management to AWS.
이재명 더불어민주당 대표가 1일 서울 여의도 국회에서 열린 최고위원회의에 참석해 발언하고 있다. 김성룡 기자더불어민주당 이재명 대표는 4일 간병비 급여화 정책과 관련해 “민주당이 ...
Some 350 flats at Hyundai Engineering & Construction's new apartment complex, Hillstate Gayang ...
The existing trilateral cooperation among South Korea, the United States and Japan will remain endur ...
- Hanwha inks $2.6b deal to ship more K9 howitzers to Poland
- Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- Ocean specialist tapped as maritime affairs minister
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- Violinist Yoo Da
- Seoul shares start lower ahead of key rate decision
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- GS Group, SNU to run incubator program for startups
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- KT to cooperate with Thai telecom firm to create Thai language AI service
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- Samyang to release tom yum flavor Buldak in US
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
- Emerging artists unveil works of enduring times at Park Seo
- Seoul shares open almost flat amid geopolitical tensions, rate woes
- Seoul shares hit 7
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- 2 dead, 1 in cardiac arrest in bus
- Four killed after fishing boat capsizes in S. Korea
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’