Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
简介South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised speculation that the US economy is cooling.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 17.12 points, or 0.69 percent, to 2,471.06 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.13 percent, while the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.07 percent.
Data showed that the unemployment benefit claims in the world's largest economy have reached the highest level in three months. The US industrial output also shed 0.6 percent on-month in October.
In Seoul, top tech giant Samsung Electronics fell 0.41 percent, and leading battery maker LG Energy Solution lost 2.26 percent.
No. 1 carmaker Hyundai Motor fell 0.43 percent, and its smaller sister Kia shed 0.47 percent. Auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis decreased 1.08 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,296.3 won against the US dollar, up 0.6 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
MADRID -- The Complutense University of Madrid (UCM) in Spain's capital boasts a rich history d ...
MARRAKESH, Morocco -- South Korea has "no urgency" to lower its key lending rate as bringing down in ...
South Korean stocks fell by almost 1 percent Friday, as investors moved to lock in profits from rece ...
Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
[Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
NMK to extend support for Korean galleries at six museums abroad
기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
- Man arrested for assaulting woman for having short hair
- Le Sserafim lands on UK, US charts with 'Perfect Night'
- N. Korea steps up criticism against military cooperation among S. Korea. US, Japan
- Enhypen's new album to be led by 'Sweet Venom'
- SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center
- LG Electronics opens Alaskan lab to develop HVAC tech in extreme weather
- Stock market soars as short selling ban takes effect
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G
- Govt. push to exempt doctors from medical error responsibility stirs debate
- Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
- LG Twins capture 1st Korean Series title in 29 years
- [Today’s K
- KT&G unveils W2.8tr shareholder return plan
- S. Korean shares close higher ahead of US inflation data
- Seoul mayor to consider street festivities for LG Twins' victory
- Bikes or motor vehicles? E
- SK On to furlough workers, cut production at US plant
- KBS determined to regain public trust
- 홍익표, 조국 총선 출마설에 “조만간 뵙고 말씀 들을 것”
- Redbreast 15 Year Old whiskey debuts in Korea
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- Seoul hosts ICC seminar highlighting role of Asia
- [Community Discovery] Blending old and new for sustainable Seongdong
- BTS company Hybe heading to Latin America
- 46 countries, including S. Korea, US, join declaration on 'responsible' AI use
- Facing bedbug crisis, Koreans create online dashboards to track them
- Rising star pianists of three Asian countries join force for peace concert
- S. Korea, US defense chiefs discuss 'tailored deterrence strategy' on N. Korea
- LG companies hint at grand promotions to celebrate Twins' big win
- Seoul shares down amid possible US government shutdown woes